Friday, May 22, 2009

Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love

Wow. This book has meant something different each time I have read it (or listened to it). Yes, I have the audio on my iPod. I first listened to it last summer driving between OP and Lawrence all the time. I heard about the book after seeing Elizabeth Gilbert, the author, on Oprah. Yes, I have a short obsession with Oprah (that may still be going on, but you will never really know). This book is about finding one's self in the midst of the craziness of life, which I just love. If you are interested in the audio, it is great. The author is the reader of the audio, which is awesome to hear her quirky jokes and tones. The first time I heard the book, it comfirmed my decision to enroll in Italian. On my recent treck to Iowa, I listened to Elizabeth talk about her travels to Italy, which of course hit close to home considering I leave to study abroad in Italy next week. Also, in a very brief moment, Elizabeth mentioned New Zealand, which was just too much to handle.

The book is divided into three different parts: Eat, Pray and Love (hints the title). I will not lie to you all. I have listened or read Eat three times now. I have listened to almost half of Pray twice now and never made it to Love quite yet. However, by the end of the summer. I will have listened or read the whole book and revise my blog on it. The Eat portion of the novel is worth about ten million reads, but I might be bias with my new obsession of anything Italian.

No comments: